Our Grant program enables students to make a personal contribution to their programs through the grant amount. We will review all applications and then assign a grade. In addition to earning a grade, students must also make an application fee for an application fee on their final transcript. A student will not be allowed to apply again for 4 years. We may reject a student’s application without any review.
What are the criteria for a grant?
To qualify for a grant, a student must meet the following criteria:
(1) Student must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident in Canada and enrolled at an international school/university
(2) Student must have attended a program/class for 6 months during fall 2018 and the fall of 2019
(3) Student must hold a degree from an Canadian university or school that offers a post-secondary degree
(4) Student must have been in full-time, continuous residence in Canada for at least one year prior to the beginning of the program or class
(5) Student must have attained a minimum Grade 12 level during the program or class (See Grade 15 below)
How do I apply?
You can apply to the university directly. If you would like us to apply for you through our financial institution, please contact that institution. If you would like to apply directly to your university, please call us at 416-974-2348 or fill out the form on our application page.
How does the University apply for a grant?
Our financial institution will submit the application to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships for consideration. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships will make an entry into the Faculty’s grant-making list on a semi-annual basis. The full list of grants that are available to students will be available in our system at the end of the academic year.
How long are the grants available?
Students may receive up to 3 years of funding.
Do the Grants apply to both residential and non-residential students?
The University grants funding to all international students. There are two categories of funding, residential and non-residential.
Who can apply?
All incoming international students must apply. In order to apply, students must meet the criteria of meeting the University’s minimum undergraduate requirements. These must all be fulfilled prior to coming to Canada. If you are planning to apply in the 2019-2020 academic year, you can check your status